- About SRM
- The Campus
- Student Accommodation
- Global Connections
- Student Achievements
- Visiting SRM
- Admission India
- Admission International
- Twining & Dual Degree
- SRM Carnegie Mellon Master Degree MSIT-ESE
- Financial Aid
- Colleges and Schools
- ISTE Chapter
- Campus Life
SRM University has housing facilities to meet the requirements of International, NRI and the Indian students. Each Hostel is self-contained with amenities such as a spacious room, a lounge and a dining hall with mess.
Students are eligible to avail the housing on campus based on the duration of the programme chosen. There is a facility for the PhD students to extend their three year housing limit on recommendation by the research committee for another two years.
Hostel may accommodate student as resident guest for short periods subject to availability of rooms, at the discretion of the Director (Campus Affairs). The guest charges for such a residency are to be paid in advance.
- Allotment of rooms may not necessarily be of one’s choice. It is at the sole discretion of the administration, which may allot the rooms either on first come first serve basis or any other basis, say academic background, etc.
- Management intentionally places students of varying academic, cultural, social, national backgrounds together so that cross-cultural, academic, social and national learning is achieved. Students are expected to give full respect and equal rights to their roommates, irrespective of their varying backgrounds.
- Allotment is done on a double / triple occupancy basis (i.e., two or three persons per room). The rental value has been worked out on this basis.
- Students must occupy the rooms allotted to them and should not exchange rooms without the knowledge of the concerned deputy warden.
The deputy warden without assigning any reason may shift inmates from one room to another.