- About SRM
- The Campus
- Student Accommodation
- Global Connections
- Student Achievements
- Visiting SRM
- Admission India
- Admission International
- Twining & Dual Degree
- SRM Carnegie Mellon Master Degree MSIT-ESE
- Financial Aid
- Campus Life
Sanctity of the Hostels
The hostels being a part of the University premises deserve a sacred status.
Use of bad and abusive language should be avoided within the hostel / University premises.
Students are not permitted to keep-in-their possession / room crackers, dangerous weapons, firearms, contraband items or instruments that can cause serious injury to others. Students should not indulge in any illegal and/or unethical activity on the hostel premises.
Smoking, consumption of alcoholic drinks and use of narcotic drugs in the hostel premises is strictly prohibited. Neither the students nor their visitors are allowed to bring or consume liquor, drugs, or any other intoxicants in the hostel premises. Severe action will be taken against those in possession of drugs or found under their influence.
- Ragging is a cognizable offence.
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited and they are advised not to indulge in any form of the same; severe action will be taken against those who indulge in such activities as per Govt. orders and University rules.
- Ragging entails heavy fines and/or suspension/ expulsion from the hostel and/or University.
- Any student, with the intention of causing ragging or with the knowledge that he/she is likely by such act to cause ragging, commits or abets ragging, and thereby teases or embarrasses or humiliates or assaults or uses criminal force or criminally intimidates or wrongfully restrains or wrongfully confines or causes grievous hurt or kidnaps or abducts or rapes or commits unnatural offence or causes death or abets suicide shall be punished as per the Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Ragging Act, 1997.
If the individuals committing or abetting ragging are not identified, collective punishment could be resorted to act as a deterrent punishment and to ensure collective pressure on the potential raggers.