Those who aspire to be a part of SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University) can now avail themselves of full educational loans through select banks with which the university has created links.
They are: SBI, ICICI Bank, Bank of India, City Union bank, IDBI Bank, State Bank of Mysore, Corporation Bank, State Bank of Travancore, State Bank of Patiala, Vijaya Bank, Andhra Bank, Central Bank of India, Indian Bank, United Bank of India and Indian Overseas Bank.
We shall be inviting few banks to arrange for processing application for education loan at the SRMJEEE(UG) counseling venue. Candidates can utilize the services of those banks for on-spot in-principle sanction subject to norms laid down by the respective banks.
General documents required:
1. Proof of place of domicile and residential address
2. Occupation and income proof of the parent
3. Copy of Class 10th and class 12th mark sheet
4. Two conduct certificates for the student (one should be from the Head of the Institution last studied)
5. Two Passport size latest photographs of the candidate and the parent. (Duly attested)
All the above documents should be brought in original as well as two set of photocopies for verification by the bank officials. Apart from the above, if the bank requires any other documents, candidates are expected to comply with the same.
Kindly be advised that SRMIST has merely arranged desks for the bankers for the benefit of students and has nothing to do with the procedures of the bank for processing the education loan and their final decision in offering or rejecting the loan.