SRM University offers an assortment of courses in the undergraduate and post graduate levels in the streams of medicine and health sciences, engineering and technology, science and humanities and management.
Flexible and dynamic curriculum, latest facilities, groundbreaking research in the happening fields like nanotechnology, biotechnology, stem cells, bioinformatics, genetic engineering, remote sensing and GIS, embedded systems computer networks and wireless technology, leading the academic endeavor, serving the community and beyond are its various milestones of success. Students have an extensive option of cutting edge programs to choose.
SRM University's 250 acre campus at Kattankulathur, near Chennai is well landscaped with ample greenery - and is connected by road and rail. The 43 lakh sq ft built up area comprises state-of-the art infrastructure and facilities, while sculptures and paintings dot the campus, serving as a source of inspiration and relaxation.
The campus is equipped with all the latest facilities such as
• Video-conferencing - interconnecting SRM University campuses
• Wireless-enabled lab and campus
• State-of-the-art, high capacity, Servers with multiple operating systems
• A Central Library with vast knowledge resources - printed and electronic
• High capacity 32 Mbps Internet Connectivity through multiple fiber links
• 1 GB link with 155mbps internet bandwidth through National Knowledge Network (NKN)
To meet the changing needs of learning and research, SRM University has added many new facilities to the existing infrastructure. These include:
• A 16-storeyed IT block, with over 3 lakh sq ft built up space
• A 16-storeyed Library and Administrative Block with over 3 lakh sq ft built up space
• Auditorium to seat 4500, with several Conference Halls and Discussion Rooms
• Four 10-storeyed Hostel Blocks to house 3500 students