It gives us great pleasure to welcome you to the International Conference on “Modern Trends in Chemical Sciences including Green Chemistry” (MTCSGC-2018) organized by Rasayan Journal of Chemistry, SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Ramapuram Campus and Association of Chemistry Teachers during 27th - 29th December 2018.
Objectives of the Conference:
- This International Conference aims to bring together leading academicians, scientists, researchers, industrialists and technologists from India and abroad to interact, exchange ideas, share their experiences and results of their research in the frontier areas of Chemical Sciences.
- The latest development in Chemical Sciences and their relevance to societal needs will be dealt with in detail in the three day conference.
- The conference will also focus on Green Chemistry and Technology, Environmental Chemistry, Sustainable development and Energy conservation.
- The Conference will provide a good platform to establish research collaborations between academic, industrial and research institutions and identifying avenues for translating research into useful products.
- The deliberations of the conference have been carefully designed for eminent scientists and scholars of global recognition to deliver invited lectures which will be beneficial to the participants.
Association of Chemistry Teachers
The Association of Chemistry Teachers was launched in 2000 to serve as an apex national body of chemistry educators to promote excellence in chemistry education. The Association brings together on a common platform, higher secondary school teachers, college and university lecturers, professors, scientists and researchers from industry for organizing subject related activities. All the activities are organized through the six zonal councils with headquarters at Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education(TIFR),Mumbai. Please refer the website www.associationofchemistryteachers.org for details.
The main objectives of ACT are:
- To advance Chemistry education by means of curriculum development and innovation in teaching and evaluation methodologies.
- To organize workshops and conferences including an Annual National Convention of Chemistry Teachers (NCCT) in different cities and regions.
- To forge a synergistic relationship between academia, industry and research centres for mutual benefit.
- To explore and nurture talent in Chemistry with special reference to the Indian National and International Chemistry Olympiads.
- To collaborate with International Science Teacher’s organizations for exchange of ideas and organization of joint programmes.
RASAYAN JOURNAL OF CHEMISTRY
RASAYAN JOURNAL OF CHEMISTRY (RJC) is an open access as well as print journal and widely covers all branches of Chemistry. The journal provides an open platform to all researchers, academicians and readers to showcase their ideas and research findings among their own fraternity and to share their vast repository of knowledge and information. The journal seeks to embody the spirit of enquiry and innovation to augment the richness of the existing chemistry literature. RJC is abstracted in SCOPUS (Elsevier) since 2008. Websites : www.rasayanjournal.com www.rasayan.co.in
Call for Papers
Abstracts of research papers in the following thrust areas are invited for oral / poster presentations. The abstract must be restricted to 300 – 500 words. The name of the presenting author should be underlined and corresponding author indicated by an asterisk. The abstract should be neatly typed in Times New Roman, 12 points with 1.5 line spacing. The participants will be intimated about the acceptance of their abstracts through email. An Abstract book will be published during the conference. All the accepted full length papers will be reviewed by Rasayan Journal of Chemistry and the selected papers will be published in the special issue of RJC. Authors have to pay the publication charges as per RJC Journal Publication Policy. Abstracts should be submitted online to www.srmuniv.ac.in/mtcsgc-2018/ by July 31,2018. Full length papers should be submitted online to by September 30, 2018. Authors submitting papers should mention in subject line "Submission for MTCSGC-2018”
- Synthetic Organic Chemistry
- Natural Product Chemistry
- Supramolecular Chemistry
- Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Bioinorganic Chemistry
- Coordination Chemistry and Organometallics
- Ionic Liquids
- Analytical Chemistry and Solution Chemistry
- Reaction Dynamics and Mechanism
- Surface Chemistry
- Polymer Chemistry
- Green Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry and Technology
- Computational Chemistry
- Materials Chemistry
- Chemical reactions at Chemistry-Biology interface
- Recent Advances in Chromatography and Spectroscopy
- Chemistry Teaching in the 21st century
- Ethics in Research and Publishing
Oral Presentations All technical sessions will be equipped with a computer running Microsoft Windows with Microsoft Powerpoint and Adobe Acrobat Reader. By using a pen drive or a CD, speakers may use the above mentioned equipment. Speakers may also use their own laptop/computer, but should be prepared with the backup in a pen drive or CD.
Poster Presentations Posters will have dedicated sessions during the conference during which authors will have to be present near their posters to interact with the visitors and answer the questions asked. The poster size must not exceed the size of 66cm x90 cm portrait format. Please use appropriate font size for the posters so that they are readable by the participants 1.5 meters away. The poster message should be clear and understandable without much oral explanation. Please ensure that your poster is displayed on the board before the beginning of the poster session.