- About SRM
- The Campus
- Student Accommodation
- Global Connections
- Student Achievements
- Visiting SRM
- Admission India
- Admission International
- Twining & Dual Degree
- SRM- CMU MSIT Program
- Financial Aid
- Campus Life
Instructions to candidates
Please read carefully all the instructions and make certain that you have met all requirements for this program when you submit your application.
Procedure and Requirements to Apply
- All applicants must take the GRE and TOFEL exams
- Resume, Professional Experience, and Statement of Purpose:
- The above three documents must be submitted in PDF, MS Word, or Text format. No other format is acceptable.
Resume Sample Content
- Outline your Education
- Research Experience – Journals and Papers Publications
- Industry Work Experience – Full or Part Time, Internship
- Scholarships Awarded, Prizes and Honors Received
- Technical or International Acclaimed Society Memberships
- Extracurricular Activities.
Statement of Purpose (SOP) Format
- It is to be a one or two-page essay
- Describes your primary interest of study
- Experiences related to that area of study
- Objective in pursuing this degree at Carnegie Mellon.
- Share relevant education, research, commercial, government, or teaching experience.
- Include your Name and CMU Application No on the essay.
- Format to prepare SOP - Click Here for guidelines on preparing your SOP
Professional Experience Format
- Submit a 1-2 page professional experience summary
- Experience with particular phases of software development activity
- Industrial experience preparing you for graduate-level academic work.
Letters of Recommendation Format
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- One should be from faculty and two from industry.
- Recommenders should know you relatively well and be able to evaluate the quality of your academic and professional abilities.
- The admissions committee wants to know about your ability to do independent research.
- You should select recommenders who can best speak to that point. Professors who interacted with you extensively in smaller classes are also a good choice.
- Employers are sometimes appropriate, but letters that are simply character references will not provide good support for your application.
- All recommendations MUST be submitted electronically. Recommenders will be notified once you complete the recommendation section and check the email request box.
- Inform your recommenders that they will receive an email which will include the URL, user ID and password to access the recommendation form and that letters must be submitted in PDF, MS Word, or Text format.
- If the recommendation is not submitted promptly, you may send a reminder to your recommender no more than two times.
- Once a recommendation has been submitted, the recommender will not be able to access the URL again.
It is your responsibility to make certain that the recommendations have been submitted within the given deadline.