Assistant Professor (Research)
Dr. S. Venkataprasad Bhat joined SRM Research Institute in February 2014 and is leading the Green Energy Materials group. Before joining SRM, he has worked as a post-doctoral research associate at Purdue University, USA for 3 years after completing his doctoral studies in materials science at Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bangalore, India. He has experience of working on solution based nanomaterials and fabrication as well as characterization of various optoelectronic devices.
1) " Solution processed CZTS- TiO2 heterojunction for solar energy conversion: Early Career Research Award, DST-SERB,as PI, Total outlay: 30 lakhs (2016-2019).
2) "Development of electrode materials for high energy density lithium ion batteries and computational studies of solar absorber layers" Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) mega project,as co-PI, Total outlay: 11.17 crores (2016-2019).
Green Energy Materials group
Currently the Green Energy Materials group is interested to explore the use of earth abundant semiconductor such as CZTS in energy conversion devices. It is proposed to develop the low cost solution processed CZTS based absorber layer for highly efficient thin film solar cell devices, without using toxic solvents. The nano composites of such visible light absorbers with various n-type metal oxide nanostructures as well as graphene oxide based materials will be prepared and their optical properties will be explored for various energy related applications including photocatalysis. The group is also working on novel rare earth free luminescent materials for solid state lighting applications.
M.Sc./M.Tech/B.Tech Project students:
M.Sc./M.Tech/B.Tech Project students:
23) M. Dhanasekar , V. Jenefer , Reshma B. Nambiar , S. Ganesh Babu , S. Periyar Selvam,
B. Neppolian, S. Venkataprasad Bhat*
Ambient light antimicrobial activity of reduced graphene oxide supported metal doped TiO2
nanoparticles and their PVA based polymer nanocomposite films
22) M. Dhanasekar, Satyajit Ratha, Chandra Sekhar Rout*, S. Venkataprasad Bhat*:
Efficient sono-photocatalytic degradation of methylene blue using nickel molybdate
nanosheets under diffused sunlight
21) R. Vinoth, S. Ganesh Babu, Vishal Bharti, V. Gupta, M. Navaneethan, S. Venkataprasad Bhat,
C. Muthamizhchelvan, Praveen C. Ramamurthy, Chhavi Sharma, Dinesh K. Aswal,
Yasuhiro Hayakawa & B. Neppolian:
Ruthenium based metallopolymer grafted reduced graphene oxide as a new hybrid solar
light harvester in polymer solar cells.
20) M. Dhanasekar, S. Venkataprasad Bhat*:
Facile synthesis of Cu2ZnSnS4 absorber layer for thin film solar cells using a highly stable
19) Moon Paul, M. Dhanasekar, S. Venkataprasad Bhat*:
Silver doped h-MoO3 nanorods for sonophotocatalytic degradation of organic pollutants
in ambient sunlight.
18) R. Paul*, R. N. Gayen, S. Biswas, S. Venkataprasad Bhat* and R. Bhunia:
Enhanced UV detection by transparent graphene oxide/ZnO composite thin films.
17) Rickey, K.M., Nian, Q., Zhang, G., Chen, L., Suslov, S., Bhat, S.Venkataprasad., Wu, Y.,
Cheng, G.J., Ruan, X.:
Welding of Semiconductor Nanowires by Coupling Laser-Induced Peening and Localized Heating.
16) Qiong Nian, Martin Y. Zhang, Yuefeng Wang, Suprem R Das, S. Venkataprasad Bhat,
Fuqiang Huang and Gary J. Cheng:
Charge carrier transport and collection enhancement of copper indium diselenide photoactive
nanoparticle-ink by laser crystallization.
15) B. T. Spann, S. Venkataprasad Bhat, Q. Nian, K. M. Rickey, G. J. Cheng, X. Ruan and X. Xu:
Enhancing Photo-induced Ultrafast Charge Transfer across Heterojunctions of CdS and
Laser-Sintered TiO2 Nanocrystals.
14) K. M. Rickey, G. Zhang, L. Chen, S. Venkataprasad Bhat, Y. Wu, G. Cheng, X. Ruan:
Effects of rapid thermal processing and pulse-laser sintering on CdTe nanofilms for photovoltaic
13) S. Venkataprasad Bhat, A. Govindaraj, C.N.R. Rao:
Hybrid solar cell based on P3HT–ZnO nanoparticle blend in the inverted device configuration.
12) S. Venkataprasad Bhat, S. B. Krupanidhi, and C. N. R. Rao:
A Comparative Study of the Effect of Metallic Au and ReO3 Nanoparticles on the Performance of
Silicon Solar Cells.
11) D. Swain, V.Bhadram, S. Venkataprasad Bhat, G. Pradhan, C. Narayana and C. N. R. Rao:
Superionic Phase transition in KHSO4: A Temperature Dependent Raman Investigation.
10) Prashant Kumar, L. S. Panchakarla, S. Venkataprasad Bhat, Urmimala Maitra,
K. S. Subrahmanyam and C. N. R. Rao:
Photoluminescence, white-light emitting properties and related aspects of ZnO nanoparticles
admixed with graphene and GaN.
9) S. Venkataprasad Bhat and S. R. C. Vivekchand, A. Govindaraj,and C. N. R. Rao:
Photoluminescence and photoconducting properties of ZnO nanoparticles.
8) Anirban Ghosh, Jyoti Ranjan Sahu, S. Venkataprasad Bhat and C.N.R. Rao:
A Raman study of multiferroic LuMnO3.
7) R.V.K. Mangalam, S.Venkataprasad Bhat, A. Iyo, Y. Tanaka, A. Sundaresan and C.N.R. Rao:
Dielectric properties, thermal decomposition and related aspects of BiAlO3.
6) B. Chitara, S. Venkataprasad Bhat, S. R. C. Vivekchand, A. Gomathi and C. N. R. Rao:
White-light sources based on composites of GaN nanocrystals with conducting polymers and
5) Kaniska Biswas, S. Venkataprasad Bhat and C. N. R. Rao:
Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectra of Aza-aromatics on Nanocrystals of Metallic ReO3.
4) S. Venkataprasad Bhat, Kaniska Biswas and C. N. R. Rao:
Synthesis and optical properties of In-doped GaN nanocrystals.
3) S. Venkataprasad Bhat and S. R. C. Vivekchand:
Optical spectroscopic studies of composites on conducting PANI with CdSe and ZnO Nanocrystals.
2) S. Venkataprasad Bhat, A. Govindaraj and C. N. R. Rao:
Tuning the emission bands of nanophosphors through the refractive index of the medium.
1) S. Venkataprasad Bhat and F. L. Deepak:
Tuning the bandgap of ZnO by substitution with Mn2+, Co2+ and Ni2+.
Highly motivated students with background/interest in materials science, physics, chemistry, nanotechnology and related subjects are welcome to the group.
Please contact us with your details.
Office: R-07, 13th Floor, Central Library Building,
SRM University, Kattankulathur, Kancheepuram.
Tamil Nadu, India. PIN:603203