Research Assistant Professor
Dr. Junaid Masud Laskar is a physicist pursuing research at the interface of soft matter photonics, soft matter physics, nanophysics, optical engineering, optics, ultrafast optics and optical technique development. Dr. Junaid has investigated the light-matter interaction, structural transition dynamics, crystallization, particle contact force distribution and mechanics of soft matters (magnetic nanofluid, magnetic emulsion, colloidal gel and granular matter), particularly their interaction with external stimuli (field, stress etc.) at different length scales, using existing experimental techniques (mainly optical) and also by developing new techniques, which also includes the design of optical lens systems (microscope objective lens etc.).
Dr. Junaid has been working as a Research Assistant Professor in SRM Research Institute and Department of Physics and Nanotechnology, SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University) since September 2016. He has developed a light scattering technique to study the structural transitions in magnetic field polarizable soft matters, during his doctoral (Ph.D.) research at Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakkam, India. During his postdoctoral tenure at Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research, Mainz, Germany, he has worked on the “determination of 3D structural topological origin of elasticity in colloidal gel under compressive strain”. During postdoctoral research at Max Planck Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization, Goettingen, Germany, he has designed and developed a stress resolving two photon fluorescence microscope to measure 3D contact force distribution in hard, frictional granular packing of ruby spheres.
· Ph.D. , Physics, Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam & University of Madras, Chennai, India, 2013
· M.Sc., Physics, Tezpur University, Tezpur, Assam, India, 2005
· B.Sc., Physics, Gauhati University, Guwahati, Assam, India, 2003
· Research Assistant Professor, SRM Research Institute and Department of Physics & Nanotechnology, SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University), Kattankulathur, Tamil Nadu, India, September 2016- Ongoing.
· Postdoctoral researcher, Max Planck Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization, Goettingen, Germany, December 2012- August 2016.
· Postdoctoral Fellow, Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research, Mainz, Germany, December 2011- November 2012.
Group leader: Dr. Junaid Masud Laskar
B. Tech. students:
Dr. Junaid Masud Laskar
Research Assistant Professor
SRM Research Institute,
R-34, 13th Floor, University Building,
Department of Physics & Nanotechnology,
SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University)
Kattankulathur - 603203
Tamil Nadu, India
Tel (Off): +91-44-27417922