- About SRM
- The Campus
- Student Accommodation
- Global Connections
- Student Achievements
- Visiting SRM
- Admission India
- Admission International
- Twining & Dual Degree
- SRM Carnegie Mellon Master Degree MSIT-ESE
- Financial Aid
- Colleges and Schools
- ISTE Chapter
- Campus Life
SRM Research Institute, a unit of the university, has been established to catalyze proactive applied research to help solve industry's technical problems and is positioned to address and contribute to the market and society needs.
The goals of the research institute, in general, are to
- Publish papers in refereed International Journals and Conferences
- File patent applications in market-dependent countries
- Assert relationship with multi-national research labs
- Submit proposals to federal funding agencies.
The research institute works in a proactive manner to lay a foundation for work in a particular area and based on this foundational work, submits concrete proposals to corporate R&D labs and government funding agencies. The research institute is keen to offer applied research and development services and explicitly demonstrate the value added.
The Research Institute focuses on four domains.
- Domain of Education: Study, research, and develop tools and techniques to address the needs of a university, faculty members, students, and prospective students
- Domain of Wireless Healthcare: Study and propose solutions in the area of Telemedicine
- Domain of Multimedia: Study of comprehensive and supportive audio, video, and text processing
- Domain of Next Generation Networks: Study of next generation of networks and next generation services.