1. What are the minimum admission requirements?
The applicant should have an undergraduate/post-graduate degree in engineering with a minimum aggregate score of 70% or 8.0 CGPA. The applicant should have a valid GRE/TOEFL scores and his / her software experience/ internship experience is an added advantage.
2. What is the duration of the program?
The MSIT-ESE is a 16 month program. Those admitted candidates who successfully complete year #1 at SRM University will then proceed to Carnegie Mellon, Pittsburgh, USA, to complete another two semesters of study.
3. What is the admission process?
All applications are processed through the online application portal at Click Here
4. Are admitted candidates required to live on SRM campus during their first year of study?
Campus residence is optional.
5. Is it necessary for the candidate to have both GRE and TOEFL scores?
Yes. All applicants are required to take and submit official GRE and TOEFL score reports.
6. Does SRM University arrange for any bank loan?
Yes. SRM University will assist admitted students with the processing of bank loan applications.
7. Upon completion of the program, do graduates secure jobs in the US?
Yes. MSIT – ESE graduates have secured positions in well-recognized companies such as Intel, Seagate, Caterpillar Inc, Bosch, Redback Networks, NetApp, Cisco, NASA, Xerox Corp, GM, Sandia Labs, Qualcomm, Lutron, Marvell, Microsystems and Amazon.
8. Does Carnegie Mellon award the Masters degree?
Yes. Upon successful completion of degree requirements, the Master of Science MSIT – ESE degree is awarded by Carnegie Mellon University
9. How do I request additional information on the program or application materials?
For further details and information, email the SRM Director of International Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any admission related queries, please contact
2nd floor, Central Library building (west wing)
SRM University, Kattankulathur – 603 203
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Tel:+91 – 44 2741 7253, Mobile: +91 – 80561 69925