Requirements for SRM University 'Teaching Excellence Awards'
In order to recognize outstanding teaching, SRM University has decided to institute "Teaching Excellence Awards". There will be one award in each faculty and one for each department.
1. Each recipient will receive Rs. 25,000/- for the faculty level award and Rs.10,000/- at the department level.
2. Recipients of the "Faculty – Teaching Excellence Award" and "Department – Teaching Excellence Award" will be announced at the Teacher’s Day/Celebrations.
1. Must be a full-time active-status faculty member. That is, all tenured, tenure-track, and non-tenure accruing faculty are eligible.
2. The faculty member must have taught during the academic year during which all the following conditions are met:
3. In addition, the following will also be considered:
Application/ Nomination and Selection Process
1.Faculty members may either be nominated or apply to their respective head of the department by April 15th every academic year with supporting information.
2.(a) Each department and faculty will form a committee for considering such nominations/applications. The head of the department will arrange to form the department committees. If required, the head of the department may be a part of these committees.
(b) A committee chosen by the Director will select one faculty member (from the applications/nominations for the faculty award) for each faculty (e.g., E&T, S&H, Medical, HS and Management) to receive the SRMU Teaching Excellence Award. Similarly, for each department a departmental committee chosen by the HOD will select one faculty member to receive the departmental teaching award.
3. The committees will send their recommendations to the respective head of the department or the Director as the case may be.
4. The head of the departments will forward these applications/ nominations to the Dean’s/Director’s Office with their recommendations.
5. The Deans/Directors will forward these nominations/applications with their recommendations to the Vice Chancellor for consideration.
Note: For 2015-16, candidates may apply or be nominated by 30th June, 2016. The applications/nominations must be sent via email with relevant attachments to the heads of the departments. Faculty members may be nominated or may apply for both awards (department and/or faculty level awards).